".... My head is spinning round
All my defenses down
I have held the world in my hands
But I can't keep you from slipping away,
If time will show me grace
And you to a better place .... "
The chorus lines of this song were softly playing on my PC today morn as I was sipping tea and staring out of the window..It brought back to my mind, pictures of my old room in Mangalore with the same song playing softly on a well used Stereo player with a head that badly needed a replacement...Its amazing how a single line of an old song can transport you back in time and make you remember even your thoughts at that moment.Richard Marx's voice is still so soothing and captivating now, as it was years ago..I guess some piece of music in every part of our lifetime just stays with us throughout and becomes woven into the tapestry of the background music of our lives...
There has always been a song for every special occasion...
One that I must have played a gazillion times thinking of my first crush to soothe my bumbling, aching teenaged heart and literally given a headache to my sis who had no clue as to why I should play a song infinite number of times when I could listen to other songs too..Well the song was stuck in my head and I was oblivious to the rest of the world.It still makes me smile when I listen to it..
There were others for the trying times too...As typical had studied last minute for the 12th boards but the only thing I wanted to do was Engineering.So then before the start of every exam my stereo played -the chariots of fire theme along with prayers to the deities..Some notion had been stuck in my head,that it would bring me luck and give me strength to write the exam.
Old habits do really die hard sometimes .With me they sure did...atleast the bad ones.With engineering, the exams just got scarier and the songs funnier
Second Sem-- O Paalanahare,tumhre bin hamra kauno nahi (The fourier transforms are scary ,Oh lord help me)
Third Sem -- George Michael --Faith (I must believe I can clear n/ws)
Fourth- I believe I can fly (Yeah please help me with CO)
Fifth -- I guess it was a close call b/w Dream theatre and Aerosmith..By now I had given up hope of being the Engineering Bond and just wanted a Disti degree and a job if I could manage that ,then that would be the biggest achievement :P
Sixth --Mann ki Lagan.Mera mujh mein kuch naahi..Sab kuch ho Tor... Yeah I guess this is self explanatory ;)
Seventh --Mitwa..this one was plain soothing
Eighth -- Too fuzzy to remember but I guess it was Yeh honsla from Dor..N also Golmaal Golmaal ...Everything's gonna be golmaal from Golmaal.. Was too caught up in a project that seemed unfathomable so all of us in the team were worried..okie I admit scared stiff :)
Plus the late nights of alternating Rock and Ghazals to calm ur mind from the day to day hungamas in college..Most of the days u land up in class bleary eyed and grumpy to the core..
Personally ,I don't recommend this method for obtaining Distis in your engg degree.It just doesn't work.U can maybe manage a high first class with that.LOL.See I didn't get one either...
Finally right now as I sit and type this blog ..I hear chariots of fire playing again.Its time for another journey .Dunno where this is gonna lead me this time... But for now, life's background music is playing beautifully and all's well.I just hope it goes on playing forever so beautifully ...
....and hope you keep writing so beautifully! :)
ReplyDeleteIts really nice sweetie... Keep writing... and now on i shall check your blogs and read them too.... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot dear :)That's really sweet
ReplyDeleteYou write well :)
ReplyDeleteThanks again!!Ur the first sweet Alien i have met (Oops sorry for the racism.. :P)
ReplyDelete