Friday, December 25, 2009

Adieu 2009!

As the year is slowly drawing to an end,a bittersweet feeling of nostalgia is taking over.I guess it is that time of year,when most of us stand back and think over about what was ,is and more importantly should be :D
It has truly been an exciting year with many ups and downs,more ups than downs,and for that I'm grateful..:)Leaving a lot of changes in its wake-of new people, many places and more importantly different perspectives to see the world we live in but still keeping some things unchanged ,like the most important ones - the love of a family and the care of cherished old friends..
A beautiful year of many firsts,the first time of being out on the beach at midnight and beyond,flying a kite,the exhilarating first of learning to ride a bike with friends teaching me and crashing on seeing a dustbin,sand pile or any random Uncle(Yo! I am dangerous:P),dancing like crazy with friends on the beach,travelling to the place I always wanted to see,moving into a rented home(and lotsa such other things ;) ),the first real pet,more importantly finding fulfilling friendships with the nicest people and reuniting with some very old ones ...
On the downside,of a year of some lessons learnt the hard way .(well it isn't that bad if one really learnt something)..and the difficult side of finally having to make a few decisions on your own and standing by them in very unsure circumstances ,coupled with the inevitable restlessness and frustration that accompanies any kind of decision making,of learning to believe in oneself at times or cope when you feel alone or lost and of trying to shut out the world to listen in to what your heart wants.
All in all very eventful,I must say!If anybody is reading this out there,please do share your experiences too...For now I'm logging off by wishing you guys a very beautiful year end and hoping all you guys also finish all those last minute resolutions still due for this year :)

1 comment: