In quest of the distant pearly shores
With a roving gaze and a restless mind
forever, I skim the azure skies.....
The burning sun scalding my back
A broken wing wanting to hold me back
My eye spots the dove's cote below
deceptively inviting in the shade of the mangrove
A longing awakens in my weary breast,
For a warm hearth and a companion heart
Yet deep inside I know this is not to be ..
To fly into the starry heavens is my destiny....
With my heart set on finding the unexplored horizons ,
where unbound waves tumble on stormy ocean shores
and I can fly like the gushing wind -so free...
For a while I perch upon the jagged rocks ,
feeling the invigorating salty spray of the sea
I dream again of the distant shores....
Of the clear blue sea and smooth golden sands
With a shrill cry,I begin the journey anew..
Flapping my wings I fly afresh
For...my heart is set on the distant shores...
And to fly to them is my destiny .....
Good one Akshu :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a bunch Pri :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's one helluva reaction my dear:)Thanks!!
ReplyDelete